Okay, BBFFs (Blessed Blog Friends Forever), thought we’d have a little fun with words this week. (Keep reading to the end for your chance to win a fun prize!)
Like most authors, I am, after all, something of a wordsmith and adore discovering the hidden humor lurking behind certain letter combos.
Ever heard the term, “neologism”? It simply means “new” (neo) + “meaning” (logy) = a new meaning for an old word.
I recently ran across this hilarious list of neologisms readers submitted to the Washington Post a few years ago. I hope you’ll snigger and snort over them as much as I did:
- Flabbergasted: appalled over how much weigh you’ve gained.
- Abdicate: to give up all hope of ever having a flat stomach.
- Balderdash: a rapidly receding hairline.
- Coffee: the person upon whom one coughs.
- Negligent: a condition in which you absentmindedly answer the door in your nightie.
- Lymph: to walk with a lisp.
- Flatulence: emergency vehicle that picks you up after you’ve been over by a steamroller.
Aren’t these fun? Wanna play? Can you come up with some of your own?
Hey, let’s make it worth your while – everyone who responds to this post with one or more creative neologism(s) will be entered into a drawing for a FREE Too Blessed to be Stressed 2018 Planner. The winner will be randomly selected one week from today (Nov 16) and I just may publish some of your clever neologisms on my blog (and even in my newsletter!).
And if you’re into FREE stuff (who isn’t, especially during this gift-giving season?), don’t forget to enter my Beyond Grateful Giveaway for a chance to win a beautiful Too Blessed to be Stressed Daily Devo and Creative Journal Gift Set (exclusively at Sam’s Club for a limited time). For details, just click on “Freebies” right here at my website, www.DeboraCoty.com, and then the giveaway.